Here we are a week away from one of the biggest journeys you’ll encounter in your life and as someone who has gone through the process and just recently stepped away from it, I wanted to share with you 8 things that I learned throughout the years, as I look back on them now.
Your years in high school will be like a roller coaster, there will be lots of highs, but also a good amount of lows. It will be full of all sorts of emotions and memories too. Some days will seem longer than others, but really it will fly by quick. It will have a big impact, but it will not be the thing that defines who you are and your life forever. Remember to stay true to yourself, make good choices, and enjoy it as much as you can.
- Stay on top of your school work – grades do matter and if you stay on top of everything, you won’t feel like your constantly drowning in assignments. Also that one bad test grade doesn’t define you and will not matter, if you do better on the others.
- Your friends will change – Em, I can’t stress this enough! High school is weird and really a time where a lot of people grow and more importantly change. You’ll find some girls that you have more similarities with than others and then ones who you aren’t alike at all. Please don’t be afraid to reach out to new people and stray away from the ones you’ve known forever. You can always be friends, but you don’t have to do everything together.
- It doesn’t matter what you wear – seriously girlfriend, no one is going remember and those who care, have their priorities wrong in life. If you’d rather wear a t-shirt and shorts one day, instead of getting all fancy, I promise you, you don’t look like a slob. You’re beautiful always and don’t ever let anyone tell you any different.
- Attend as much as possible – but also remember to take care of yourself. Be sure to stay involved, but also know it’s okay to stay in for a night and just rest. Your health (physically, mentally, and emotionally) is important and you have to remember to put it first.
- Use a planner and set your stuff out the night before – organization is key, and it will make your life much easier!
- Don’t go crazy over boys – they’re gross anyway. Em, I know high school is such a big fest for dating and boys and relationships (and allll that drama), but try to not get caught up with it. Boys are dumb and who are they are in high school is likely who they will either never be or always be in real life. Focus on that because after the four years are over, things will change and you’ll likely go your separate ways.
- Try and keep your motivation – Like I said earlier, some days will go fast and some will go slow. The winter months are especially hard, but try and stay as positive as possible. Switch it up as much as needed, it really does go faster than you think.
- Have fun – make it your own. These years are yours!! Ultimately, at the end of the day, you decide how everything is going to go. It’s your journey, your choices.
I’m excited to see where you go and what you discover. Remember, I’m always here for you no matter when that is or what it may be. I love you Em, and I’m proud of you.
Go get it girlfriend…
** First time on my blog? Well, welcome! Thanks for checking me out, I truly appreciate it! To get to know who I am and what this blog is all about a little bit better, click here. I would love to get to know you and hear all about what this crazy adventure called life has thrown atcha! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via any of my social medias (click here) or just by simply commenting on any of my posts! Thanks again for checking me out, happy reading! :)**