Hey there, Ahh another month in the books. I can not believe it is already June! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ When does time slow down? ๐Ÿ˜ฉ ย I know it’s been a long time since i have posted but, like i said in my last post, May was going to be crazy busy, with not much down time. With that, i have so many memories and pictures to reflect on and share so let’s jump right in!

๐Ÿ‘ My momma is always really good about surprising us with concert tickets usually either when we think everything is sold out or the day of the concert when we are super bummed and think we aren’t going. Back in April, it was announced that Garth Brooks was finally coming back to Nebraska as part of his World Tour. We begged and begged my mom to go but she just played it off cool as usual {sneaky her ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ˜‰}. Of course, the shows sold out quickly and we were bummed. Turns out though, my momma got tickets! ๐Ÿ˜† She pulled another one of her tricks and ended up sending my sister & i a casual text message late on Easter night after we just headed to bed. We were overwhelmed with joy and excitement because mom had done it yet again! The concert was May 9th at 10:30 PM {Garth had been doing double shows each night: one at 7 & 10:30}, at the Century Link Center in Omaha. Looking forward to that time & date, we had a few laughs because it just so happened to be the night before my cousin’s Confirmation, Confirmation party & Mother’s Day! ๐Ÿ˜ We knew we were gonna be tired for the upcoming events but surely it would be worth it. Let me tell ya, it most definitely was! Due to so many people {a sold out show}, Garth didn’t come on until 11:30. He had no openers and beside Trisha Yearwood {his wife} doing her thing, he played straight through until 2 AM! It was absolutely incredible and a really cool way for Shaylee & I to honor and remember our dad in a way, since he was a big listener to Garth’s music. Also there’s one special song of Garth’s that really hits home for us and our dad- The Dance. โค If you get a chance check it out. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

The following weekend was a huge one- Shaylee’s graduation weekend! Her party was on Saturday{the 16th}, the day before and the ceremony was the next day{the 17th} and lots of family had been expected to come from all over. We set up for the majority of the party Friday but went to do the last touches Saturday morning. Finally after about 7 months ๐Ÿ˜ฃ, we got to see our sisters {Kolbi & Randi} who live out of state, again! Ahhh, finally our hearts were full and we were all together again. โค Everyone changed and got ready then soon enough the party began.๐ŸŽ‰ It was plenty of fun and good to see family again.

The next day was Sunday, really the biggest day. Fortunately, the ceremony wasn’t until 3 in the afternoon so first my mom, Shaylee, Kolbi, Randi & I all went to breakfast. That was a great time for all of us to catch up and just be alone together. After that, we split up and got ready for the day, then met back up at church where the ceremony was being held. The graduation went smoothly and finally it was official, Shay did it! ๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŽ“ Sadly, Kolbi and Randi had to hit the road back home so we said our tough goodbyes to them.๐Ÿ’”

Although, we had a new family member to spend time with, David who is basically my big brother even though it’s complicated ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚. ย He was able to come down for the ceremony and help us celebrate. It was so, so good to see him as it had also been a very long time since he had been back up to Nebraska.๐ŸŒฝ A bunch of us {14} decided to go out to dinner at Red Robin afterwards, because why not keep on celebrating๐Ÿ˜‰ and spend time together๐Ÿ˜Š! David had to hurry and go back home after also but hey, we cherish any time we can get and that’s what really matters, right?โ˜บ๐Ÿ’™

My family{there’s 10 of us} is extremely close and we often do stuff together, even the small things. Since Shaylee had so many cards and gifts, we made plans to all get together on the following Tuesday, a night that would work for everyone, and have dinner with one another and open up the presents. The whole weekend{+ Tuesday} was such a blast and i couldn’t be more thankful for the time, opportunity and memories from it.๐Ÿ’™

The next day after that Tuesday, Wednesday{the 20th}, my mom, Shaylee and i had the Eric Church concert! That show was at the Pinnacle Bank Arena here in town. If you couldn’t tell already, we are huge concert people.๐Ÿ˜œ Eric Church๐Ÿ‘ข{ << country boots} is one of our favorites so obviously we had to get pit tickets. That concert was so cool because there is nothing better than being so close to an artist i love, singing along to the music im obsessed with.๐ŸŽถ

The following Thursday and Friday were cheerleading tryouts{stressful week ๐Ÿ˜ฉ}. It was a joyful & thankful heart that I then proudly annouced that i would be officially returning as a varsity cheerleader for my sophomore year!๐ŸŽ€ ย We haven’t had to many cheer related events yet, so im still beyond ready to get back to doing what I love!๐Ÿ˜

Next, on Monday{the 25th} was Memorial Day. I spent most of the day with my mom, running errands and making our rounds at the cemeteries. We obviously stopped at my dad’s grave and left some pretty flowers and spent some time there. One thing i adore is when the holidays come around and the cemeteries come “alive” {no joke ๐Ÿ˜‰}. By that i mean, there are so many people that actually put out flowers and slowly the place becomes like a bright, colorful, garden almost. Even though it sounds weird, it’s beautiful and happy and comforting.

Unfortunately, we had to go back to school after the holiday ๐Ÿ˜ . Tuesday was our last full day and basically a joke. Wednesday and Thursday, were finals and once you were done, you left. Lucky for me, i got done in the morning so i could get right out of there.โœŒ Finally, Summer!! ๐ŸŒž

I wasn’t going to waste any time so Thursday night, i jumped right into Summer and headed out to my grandparents’ house with my two of my cousins, Emily and Katie.

Friday was a new experience, staying alone together at my grandparents house for the first time{we have been alone together before just not out in the country at my grandparents’ house}. My grandma left early in the morning before we were up for her event and then my grandpa would join her later about 3 o’ clock. Therefore, we had to take care of our nightly duties including making dinner! My grandparents made sure we had everything but it was up to us to put it together. This was no issue at all because we are most definitely not spoiled kids and learned at a young age how to cook, do dishes, clean correctly, and work hard and diligently ๐Ÿ’ฏ. It was a really neat time for the girls and i cook a meal together and be chefs! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹

Every Saturday morning, my grandma and grandpa have breakfast with their long time, good friends, Don Klute and Iris Pew. Although, they aren’t married Don and Iris make the cutest couple to do different stuff with and are truly the most caring and loving people you will meet โค. A quick fun fact about each one: Iris is 92 years old {but seriously acts, looks, and talks like she’s 70} and is the oldest person still living, in the tiny town of Bradshaw. Don has quite a big, successful business around that area and is very intelligent.

Sunday we decided to take a mini road trip up to Kearney to visit the Archway Monument. That was the girls’ and i first time there and honestly we had a blast! The muesuem was cool and definitely interesting to walk through! If you get a chance, it would be in your best interest to stop by there! ๐Ÿ—ฟ

Monday, we headed back to Lincoln since i had uniform fitting for cheerleading that night. That went well and it was great to kick off the season with a new squad! ๐ŸŽ€ I stayed the night Monday in Lincoln while the girls and my grandparents went back home, since i had a physical {for cheerleading} appointment early the next morning.

Tuesday, we got up and i went to that. Fun fact: I’m 5’8 & 1/2 and still growing! ๐Ÿ‘ Once that finished, my mom and i drove to meet my grandma, grandpa and the girls so i could turn around and go right back to their house.

๐Ÿก Wednesday, we came back to Lincoln for some things and then ended up spending the majority of the day there. We got back to my grandparents house about 4 and that’s when things went sideways ๐Ÿ˜€. I went to go to the bathroom and while doing so, i got a small bloody nose. It wasn’t awful so i finished going to the bathroom but stayed in there by the sink. Before i continue, please note that i DO NOT get bloody noses that often. I’ve had about 2 others in my life- one when we were playing neighborhood baseball and got hit in the nose and the other when it was extremely dry out but it only lasted for about 5 minutes. Also, i am fairly healthy- no broken bones and don’t get sick often.

Continuing with my story and sparing you most of the gory details, i then started throwing up blood along with it constantly… i was losing so much blood that they thought it was something in my head so i ended up in the ER since i couldn’t stop throwing up blood and bleeding and was losing so much blood. With the help of the amazing nurses and doctors, we got it stopped. I’m out now and okay ๐Ÿ‘Œ. It was gross and awful and frankly quite scary. The few days following it, i was in a lot of pain, mostly in my neck and head, just from all the stress and movement that took place, but i am doing much better ๐Ÿ’ช. I was especially thankful for my grandma and grandpa as they were right by my side through it all and then also my momma for getting out there right away and always making it so she is with me and everything is okay โค. I’m a tough little kicker ๐Ÿ˜› so i was okay besides my soreness.

So, Thursday we were back in life’s crazy schedule! That night we went to the country club with some close friends for a nice dinner. We go there often and it’s one of our favorite places to treat ourselves out to a nice, private night! ๐Ÿ‘Œ Later, once we got back home, we got to do some storm watching as it has been nonstop rain, winds, clouds, etc. around here.

Friday night we spent the night out again, with some of our even closer friends {Dick & Thea}. We had some time at the house to chat and the went for a casual dinner in Waco. On the way back home, there was the prettiest, dark night sky! ๐ŸŒŒ

Saturday, my momma came out and picked ย me up after the eventful, fun week and we headed back to Lincoln. That night, we went to the races again! It was completley packed, due to fan appreciation night but still so much fun! My love and passion ย for the races will never change!ย ๐Ÿ˜†

That’s a wrap! ๐Ÿ˜ That was May and a little bit of June and my life! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I’m really going to try and update sooner, hopefully a couple times a week! If you have read this far, congratulations this number will be word 2000 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ{no, i really didn’t plan that โ˜บ}! Honestly though, it means so much to me that those of you read these and even bug me ๐Ÿ˜‰ when i don’t update. So thank you and talk to ya soon! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ’™


The picture of the text message my momma sent us! No words, just this!


Daddy’s girls โค Randi, Kolbi, Mom, Shaylee & I


Eric Church ๐Ÿ˜ May 20th


last days of school with Karmen โค best friend ๐Ÿ˜Š


Daddy’s grave with some pretty flowers ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ


Eric Church // Pinnacle Bank Arena// May 20th 2015


Freshman Girls // 2014-2015 school year// crazy faces ๐Ÿ™‚


Em, Kat & I // selffffaaayyyy ๐Ÿ˜‰


Emily helping me cook // love her


Katie taste testing the food// result: it was delicious ๐Ÿ™‚


Emily taste tasting the meal we made ๐Ÿ™‚


Emily & I // love her


Emily & I at the York Country Club // p.s: Katie never wants to be in pictures ๐Ÿ˜ฆ it’s okay tho ๐Ÿ™‚


Emily & I together // love bug


the dark but beautiful picture of the Nebraska sky, Friday night

Much love, Davianne

2 thoughts on “May

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s